In June Colin his two cousins Hunter, and Cole, had an awesome opportunity to go on "The Joseph Smith Legacy Tour" with a group of youth from Az, and Ut. lead by a seminary teacher from Az. They were gone for six days, they flew to Buffalo NY, and drove on a chartered bus to
Palmyra N.Y.(Smith Homestead, Sacred Grove, Grandin Print Shop, Hill Cumorah, Whitmer Home),
Kirtland Ohio ( Whitmer Store Kirtland Temple, Johnson Home),
Nauvoo Ill.( visitors Center, Baptisms in Nauvoo Temple, Carthage),
Far West, & Independence Mo. (Liberty Jail). then home.
It was a great trip with the opportunities to learn and feel of the spirit as it
bore testimony to them of the truthfulness of the
things that happened at the places they had been. We only wish we could
have been with him, it is great to hear of his excitement of the experiences.
Here are some pictures he took.







5 comments:
What an awesome experience for the boys! I loved touring those sights- there is a special feel to them! We are so excited for you to be a Grandma & Grandpa! We love you guys tons!!! :-)
how exciting to see that you have a blog!! very cool and hello you are going to be grandparents..how fun is that!!!! love you guys
What a wonderful trip that probably left impressions on his mind that will never be forgotten...I know myself I will never ever forget the feeling that was felt in the Sacred Grove. Luuuucky! I would love to take our children there to feel of that...Colin, what an awesome trip!!!!
Hi Tammy,
It's Julie Shepherd. Remember us from 12th Ward? I found your blog through Kayola Skinners. Her son Brody and my Ashley are friends. How fun. It was so fun to see your family. I can't believe you are going to be grandparents. I will add you to my blog so I can keep up on your fun family. Check our blog out when you get a chance. Tell your family hi from the Shepherds!
Talk to you soon.
Julie
Tammy- The sacred grove and palmyra will always bring a smile to my face. What a great trip for Collin. Love your blog, too.
Post a Comment