Friday, July 17, 2009

The day has arrived "The Call" has been issued

Greg and his Bud Taylor checking the mail!!! I promised him I would not get the mail and left that for him as soon as he got home from work it was a mad dash. I didn't get the mail but I did peek into the box to see if it was there.hehe
One excited Boy!!!
how soon can everyone get here mom, and since I had peeked they were already on their way.
Where in the world??
We didnt believe him we really thought he was joking cause that is Greg's way always the jokester.

Our First Missionary! he reports Sept. 16th. How excited we are for Greg, he has worked really hard to get here, physically, spritually,and temporally. We pray for him now as he sets his mind in tune for what the Lords wants of him not what he wants for him self, and loses himself in the service of others, He has always had a tender heart and loving ways we know he will grow in ways that will turn this awesome young man into the Man the Lord desires him to be. We love you son. "POCATELLO,IDAHO" seriously!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

16 comments:

LaDawn said...

How Exciting!!!!! Pocatello I never would have guessed. As a mother there will be times that you will be comforted knowing that he is in a safe place with a lot of members of the church to feed him and watch after him. You are about to experience the greatest joy and sorrow all at the same time. There is nothing like sending your child away for two years to serve the Lord. I promise you that you will stop crying. It might take six months or so. Enjoy every moment it is truly the best thing ever.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! IDAHO!! Awesome! he will be the best missionary! and what a wonderful example for kaleb to look up to...good job Tammy and Dave for raising such great kids :)

Lissa said...

We are SO excited for Greg! I thought Bryce's parents would be in that mission, but they are in the Ogden, North mission. BUMMER! How exciting for him, we KNOW he will be an awesome missionary. He will love it.

mpal said...

YEAH! The nice thing about a stateside mission is that your son gets his packages in a timely manner! But, seriously that is awesome! You are in for such an amazing experience! We have been so blessed through our son's missionary service and I can loan you my called to serve CD now, to play over and over again, so you won't cry as much when the ward sings God be with You til We meet again, or Called to serve. Okay, it only helps a little.....

tidwell said...

Wow! So exciting. Congrats

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! He'll be GREAT! That's where my sister in law Janis is from!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! We are so happy for him! Tell him we said so. We MUST do a navajo taco dinner for him before he goes. Call me.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I just received your comment about Greg trying to call us. We turned off our cell phones- to save money..you have my home # right?? 219-5861

Heather said...

I had no idea Greg got his call...where have I been? I think he's going to love going there! I have a nephew in Utah and he says he's super busy and it's been great! I agree with everybody, it will be comforting to have your child in the states--eating normal food, with lots of members around. Did you know that Utah is the number 1 baptizing mission right now? So, I'm sure Idaho is up there too!

Newman Family said...

Congratulations! When did Greg get old enough to go on a mission? Time flies. We wish him the best!

Savy said...

yea!!!! He will be a great missionary!!! love you guys!!

Monica said...

I love that boy!!! He is going to be the best missionary! You have to be relieved that it is state side and we are happy because we can send him packages for cheaper.

It was fun to see him at the singles ward when Laurisa and Wade spoke. He always makes you feel so good. You have to be so proud!

Lovin Family said...

He is going to ROCK it out there!!! Let us know when his farwell is. We would love to be there. love you guys! xoxo

Shari Tate said...

Wow...familiar pictures!! Sounds like you had as much fun as we did!! I have two words for you
Torturous JOY!

Mayann said...

Pocatello is a great place for a missionary...my daughter is there!! I saw Brit & JT's link and thought I should say congratulations to you for your missionary!! instead of just blog hopping!!

Sassy said...

I ♥ these pictures.....bless his heart...he will be a great missionary.....I have always loved this kid.......man! Congrats! Greg!!!!


Idaho????? Who woulda thunk????

Play List